Good Morning Vegas fans!
As we wrap up 2012 and forge into 2013, I must say I'm excited for the possibilities for the new year. I hope you are, too. A new year is always full of hope, and my wish for you is much prosperity in your lives and, if you are so inclined, your travels to Las Vegas.
In the past I have typically written about either my New Year's resolutions or my wishes for Las Vegas (kind of like the city's resolutions), but this year I'm going to do both. So here are my five combined resolutions for 2013:
- Get more exercise. This should be easy for me because I usually do a ton of walking in Vegas. Now I just need to add a few more aerobic routines a few more times a week.
- Eat healthier. This one is harder. Food tastes good. And when I'm in Vegas, it tastes even better.
- Help as many people as possible with my travel guide. 2012 was a great year for Simplifying Las Vegas. I hope 2013 is even better. For those of you interested in my guide, please visit Amazon.com.
- Less nagging about Caesars Entertainment Corp (CEC). So I wish swift construction and great success for the Linq project. While I'm not a huge fan of more retail space and a ginormous Ferris wheel on the Strip, it is important for CEC and Las Vegas that this project goes well. Completion is estimated for 2014, but there will be a lot of activity this year.
- Finally, I resolve to update my site, blog and book more frequently. This one tough because I don't have as much time as I'd like to do this, but in the end it will save me time when I'm ready to publish next year's travel guide. However, it's a labor of love, so I certainly won't mind this task much at all!
Wishing you a prosperous 2013!